Sorry for thinking about my face.

Part I (of Many)

I'm a deep thinker, at least by my standards; i think about everything all the time , i can never just see something as surface deep.

I honestly put my makeup on this morning and thought to myself with a very frustrated self narrative "why the *@%# do we even put this shit on our face? "
we put this on our faces to hide the bags under our eyes or to make our lashes look longer or to make our cheeks look flushed etc etc etc.

The happiest i've probably ever been in terms of with myself and feeling comfortable was probably when i was in Costa Rica. I wasn't just happy because i was on vacation or because i was with my family, i was happy because societies expectations were lifted off of me. I didn't wear any makeup and i felt totally different- better... almost happier with myself.

Yea, seriously.

Every day we wake up and we look in the mirror, we don't always (or even usually) think nice things.
We think "Holy shit look at that zit"  "Woah my hair is a mess" "Ugh look at my bags" or a hundred other things that probably don't make us feel better about ourselves. I hate it so much i can't even put enough power into a written sentence to describe just how much i hate it.


I wish women felt more powerful and strong i wish there weren't expectations for us to wear such simple things as mascara and cover up (WTF am i supposed to cover up my face my zits so that i can pretend i'm perfect well that's not realistic.)
I wish that when we didn't wear makeup people didn't looks at us and say "you look tired" ; is there a question hidden in there, are you trying to see if i did something cool last night ? come at me bro.

I think it's sad that most of us "abide" by these standards; and that we think we look better with it on.

Tonight i have a challenge for you, take of all your makeup and really look at yourself , look at your eyes, your nose and your cheeks , look at any "imperfections" (◁ Worlds shittiest word) and  admire yourself.
Because let me tell you, the majority of the standards that are out there are stupid anyways. 
We need to start loving ourselves for who we are,  as we are.



"symmetrical faces correlate with long term mental performance[39] and are an indication that a man has experienced "fewer genetic and environmental disturbances such as diseases, toxins, malnutrition or genetic mutations" while growing.[39] Since achieving symmetry is a difficult task during human growth, requiring billions of cell reproductions while maintaining a parallel structure, achieving symmetry is a visible signal of genetic health."

S.O.F

No comments:

Post a Comment